Position: Lecturer 
Department: Fine and Studio Arts
The Department of Fine and Studio Arts in the Faculty of Arts and Design has a permanent position for a Lecturer at the Arts Campus.
- Master’s Degree/M-Tech in Fine Art or the Visual Arts qualification.
- Three years teaching experience at tertiary level.
- Publication record in accredited journals, or evidence of the potential to publish will be an added advantage.
- Papers delivered at international and national conferences.
- Active participation in community-based projects.
- Membership or active involvement in national and/or international boards, societies, councils, etc. in the field of visual / fine arts.
- Postgraduate co-supervision experience would be a recommendation.
- Advanced computer literacy and experience in tertiary Learning Management Systems.
- Track record of active tertiary academic and research committee service.
- Presenting classes and assessing students in Printmaking (etching, screen printing, lino printing, lithography) and other techniques as required (NQF Levels 5-8).
- Co-supervision of Masters candidates (NQF Level 9).
- Capturing and processing of marks and all administrative tasks relating to teaching, learning, and supervising.
- Active involvement in departmental activities, committees and projects.
- Research and publication.
- Development of course material of aligned undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
- Industry liaison.
- Participation in community-based projects.