We are a large-scale art studio & foundry based in Gauteng looking to employ a highly capable, innovative and level-headed Financial and Administrative Liaison Officer.
- First point of contact (POC) between stakeholders (clients, galleries and suppliers) and the art studio.
- Liaison Officer and Personal Assistant to the Studio Director.
- HR Administration and Payroll management.
- Holistic planning and management of studio/foundry project flow and outcomes.
- Content generation and social media management.
Qualifications and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Post-Graduate qualification in Humanities (i.e. Communication Studies, Art History, etc.) or Business Degree (BCOM)/(MBA).
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience in an Art Administrative role.
- A good proficiency in Afrikaans and English.
- A valid SA drivers’ license.
- Computer literacy: basic computer skills must include Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Adobe Creative suite product skills (Photoshop and InDesign).
- Client liaising, project costing, quotation and invoice compiling, monitoring, managing and maintaining of client accounts.
- Updating and maintaining the director’s digital inventory of available artworks and editions.
- Effective record keeping; labelling, filing and archiving data.
- Manage travel plans and itinerary, diarising all relevant travel information through cloud-based calendar.
- Ability to do in-depth research in various topics.
- Staff supervision and conflict management.
- Knowledge of the South African art industry.
- Liaise with suppliers, order materials, process payments and manage supplier accounts.
- Administration of biometric time and attendance clocking system, tracking employee working hours.
- Either have the knowledge of Sage VIP Payroll & Sage Accounting software or be willing to undergo training in these programs.
- Budgeting and financial management skills, including monthly and bi-monthly management and tax reports to auditor.
- Manage monthly company provident fund submissions, add new employees to provident fund, and completion of paperwork and submissions when employees are terminated.
It is imperative that the candidate:
- will be able to scheduling meetings, manage and maintain the studio and the Director’s diaries.
- has the ability to work with discretion and handle confidential information.
- show excellent communication skills and administrative skills, and a proficiency in financial administration and have the ability to work meticulously and accurately, often without supervision.
- will be able to conduct research, identify core concepts and distil the essence of the information into a workable framework during the development of multiple projects.
- show excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to liaise with a number of different stakeholders in a clear and professional manner.
- will be detail orientated and able to perform under pressure.
- has an aptitude for numbers, budgeting and financial management.
Business Hours and Start-up Fee:
- Working hours are Monday to Thursday, 7:00 to 16:30, Friday, 7:00 to 14:00.
- Additional hours may be required from time to time, although this would be the exception to the rule.
- Start-up fee for position: R15 000.00 negotiable. To be determined through the candidate’s qualifications and experience (three month probation period).