(Fixed Term Contracts – Between One and Six Months)
The National Arts Council of South Africa is looking to attract dynamic, passionate, innovative and creative self-starters with a solid understanding of the Creative Industries Sector for the President’s Employment Stimulus Package Project.
REQUIREMENTS (full job specifications are available upon request)
- Proven experience as a Communications Assistant,
- Communication Specialist or similar role;
- Understanding of media relations and digital media strategies;
- Proficient in MS Office; familiarity with design software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign) and content management systems is a plus;
- Solid editing and researching skills;
- Excellent communication abilities (oral and written);
- Strong attention to detail;
- Organizational skills;
- BA in Marketing, Communications or a related field is preferred;
- Knowledge and understanding of the Arts sector;
- Experience in project management with a proven track record of delivering on objectives;
- Passion for the Arts;
- Ability to work long and late hours for the duration of the project;
- Market-related packages will be negotiated with successful candidates.
- If applicants have not heard from the NAC by 30 September 2020, please note that the application is unsuccessful. The NAC applies the Employment Equity Act in its recruitment process and strives for a staff complement that is representative of South Africa. The NAC reserves the right not to appoint.