(Fixed Term Contracts – Between One and Six Months)
The National Arts Council of South Africa is looking to attract dynamic, passionate, innovative and creative self-starters with a solid understanding of the Creative Industries Sector for the President’s Employment Stimulus Package Project.
REQUIREMENTS (full job specifications are available upon request)
The key responsibilities for this role are planning, leading, execution, time management, documentation and maintenance. The incumbent must have sound knowledge of the arts, culture and heritage sector in South Africa.
Additional role requirements are:
- Creative thinking;
- Analytical thinking;
- Activity and resource planning;
- Organising and motivating a project team;
- Team and resource management;
- Control time management;
- Ensure stakeholder satisfaction;
- Analyse and manage project risk;
- Create and update workflows and project plans;
- Monitor project progress and address potential issues;
- Manage reports and documentation;
- Monitor and report on project progress;
- Prepare and provide documentation to internal teams and key stakeholders;
- Act as a point of contact for all stakeholders;
- Ensure that governance protocols are adhered to;
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organisation including coordinating, managing and reporting to adjudicating panels;
- Sound MS Office Skills (excellent MS Word and MS Excel ability required);
- At least seven year’s work experience in a project management role;
- Diploma or degree in a relevant field required;
- Ability to work long and late hours for the duration of the project.
- Market-related packages will be negotiated with successful candidates.
- If applicants have not heard from the NAC by 30 September 2020, please note that the application is unsuccessful. The NAC applies the Employment Equity Act in its recruitment process and strives for a staff complement that is representative of South Africa. The NAC reserves the right not to appoint.