David Lewis-Browne Framers & Gilders is looking to employ an office administrator / job co-ordinator. This position would commence as an internship with the possibility of full time employment. The DLB team is small and hardworking and we’re looking for somebody to join us who is equally hands-on and proactive.
The administrative work would include:
- Taking calls, placing orders with suppliers, checking stock and job material lists.
- Keeping regular tabs on job cards and progress in the system, which would include job scheduling and shuffling (there can be a lot of this!) based on deadlines and the production progress.
- You would need to be hands-on with basic framing skills (or quick to learn them) – working with precise measurements, cutting mount boards, glass, and other basic framing assembly tasks.
- Keeping work stations clean and uncluttered and being able to manage colleagues who don’t.
- Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- You should also have good spoken and written English for client communication.
Essential for this job:
- This is a creative environment and many of the decisions require an understanding and buy-in of the job outcome.
- Be attentive to detail, precise with measurments and pedantic with process.
- Be timeous and have a good work ethic
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure.
- Be discrete with client artworks and treat all work with integrity
- Have initiative
- Be proactive
To be discussed with the candidate depending on experience. The ball-park figure is R4000 pm on a three month trial period.