Employment Type: Part-Time
Working Times: 2 days per week, exact days to be discussed
Salary: Dependent on experience
The successful applicant will work 2 days a week in the gallery and be flexible to change or increase days as necessary. Time will be divided between work related to design work, artwork photography and website upkeep and maintenance. Assistance with other gallery matters may be required.
- Photographing and editing artworks for both Eclectica Contemporary and Eclectica Print Gallery.
- Catalogue design for digital publication or print as well as all exhibition materials for use in the galleries.
- Advertising and promotion: ensuring banners, posters and press releases are sent to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Create social media content suitable for various platforms.
- Website updates related to new exhibitions and virtual tours.
- Maintain an online record of sales.
- Liaise with web developer on a weekly basis to check in RE website status and progress.
- Improve SEO by reviewing content and implementing necessary changes to tags, keywords and adjusting copy for SEO optimisation.
- Ensuring new content is uploaded consistently and accurately.
- Upkeep and improvement of artists profiles and exhibitions.
- Qualifications: a degree in the Arts/ Graphic Design/ Copywriting preferred, or demonstration of relevant previous work experience, internships or apprenticeships.
- Design portfolio – examples of previous design work and photography skills.
- Good command of English, both verbal and writing.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in photographing artworks, including works behind glass.
- Editing artwork imagery for accurate reproduction.
- SEO understanding.
- Familiarity with WordPress and Mailchimp.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign/Photoshop etc.
- Understanding and good ability in Microsoft office – word, excel etc.
- Ability to work well in a team and also be independently driven
- Previous gallery work experience.
- Experience in art sales and marketing.
- Social media management skills.
The applicant needs to be dynamic, display a strong work ethic, have a keen eye for detail, as well as an acute conceptual and creative understanding and mindset. The applicant should also be able to think on-the-go and clear strategies for working under pressure. The applicant will work as part of the gallery team, reporting to the curators, gallery manager and gallery director.