Here is an opportunity to kickstart your business in 2023!
The Constitution Hill Creative Hub Uprising in partnership with Imbali Visual Literacy Project, ART AID, the South African Creative Industries Incubator (SACII) and Craft and Design Institute (CDI) is implementing a product development and production programme for creative enterprises tailored to generating merchandise for museum shops and handmade products for local and international markets.
Working together with professional trainers, product development, business and marketing consultants’ successful applicants will:
- adapt current products to market trends.
- create handmade products from existing skills, materials, and designs
- revive traditional crafts
- help build or acquire useful equipment, teach improved production methods
- set better delivery schedules.
- institute quality control standards
- Set up or upscale your business
- Get marketing support and market access opportunities.
Participants of this programme will be required to attend several face-to-face training and product development sessions between February and May 2023. In addition, they will be working at home on product development, and production and attending online product review sessions.
Programme participants will be able to access all other support programmes provided by the Creative Uprising. These include various market access programmes, marketing and business support and access to studio space and the maker’s space.
Closing date for applications: 23 January 2023. Successful applicants will be informed by 27 January and programmes kick off in early February.