Spier Light Art – Project manager
Spier Light Art is currently looking for a project manager to oversee the third instalment of Spier Light Art, at the historic Stellenbosch wine farm from 26 February to 28 March 2021.
The current appointment duration is 5 months starting 02 November 2020. The project manager will assume responsibility for project managing the production and installation of Spier Light Art. The candidate will work closely with curators, Jay Pather and Vaughn Sadie, the Spier marketing team and the Spier maintenance/grounds team.
The project manager will be required to:
- manage all proposal entries, selection process, and related correspondence and enquiries
- facilitate logistics between artists, curators and Spier
- facilitate and provide Spier marketing team with imagery (where available) and descriptions of works from artists
- facilitate and provide designers with inform for wayfinding and information communication together with curator and Spier marketing team
- ensure that installations are functioning during the installed period in conjunction with Spier maintenance team.
- facilitate opening night event with the Spier marketing team considering the front of house logistics
- oversee the breakdown of installations
- facilitate invoicing and payment of artist production requirements
- manage the project budget and reconciliation
The contact will be with Spier Holdings (Pty) Ltd and travel will be invoiced separately from the Project management fee.