Lizamore & Associates Gallery is seeking a motivated, enthusiastic, and experienced marketing, public relations and sales manager to join their team in Johannesburg.
Applicants with a graphic design experience are encouraged to apply. The successful candidate must have experience in the contemporary South African art market and preferably have a Honours in History of Art or similar qualification.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Curator.
The range of tasks include:
- General marketing
- Writing and distribution of press release and media liaisons
- Content Creation
- Social media management
- General graphic design, including exhibition invitations, catalogues, etc.
- Website and mailing list management and maintenance
- Artist liaison
- Client liaison
Skills and experience required:
- Knowledge of contemporary South African art
- Basic Graphic Design skills (proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite)
- Proficiency in Squarespace and Mailchimp will be beneficial
- Skilled in writing and content creation
- Experience in marketing, media and public relations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in sales and client liaisons will be beneficial
- A professional manner
- Keen eye for detail
Working Hours: Tuesday to Friday, 9:00 to 17:00 & Saturdays, 09:30 am to 15:00.
Additional hours during exhibition installations, openings and fairs will be required.