Julie Miller Investment Art Institute at the Mall of Africa in Midrand is seeking a motivated and career-oriented individual to join the gallery team. The successful applicant will be responsible for graphic design and visual communications, with a strong emphasis on sales and client service.
Our ideal candidate is a sales-oriented, out-of-the-box creative designer, content creator/owner and compelling storyteller, producing impactful messages using traditional and interactive technologies across a variety of platforms. The ideal candidate would also have a keen eye for detail, and possess a solid understanding of how successful brands are developed, maintained and refreshed while engaging with a variety of audiences.
Full-time position: Monday to Friday
Hours: 9am to 5:30pm
Roles and Responsibilities are detailed below.
Gallery sales and client relations:
- Put customers above all else in the gallery. Be attentive, answer queries, follow up and provide exceptional client service that will create repeat business and client referrals.
- Ensure that the gallery is a professional and appealing space for showcasing and selling works of art.
- Assist with curation, installation, de-installation and rotation of artworks in the gallery.
- Assist with exhibitions and events.
Innovate, conceptualise and execute visual communications strategy:
- Stay abreast of AR and VR trends, look for creative ideas and inspiration in parallel products and creative fields, and identify trends in new forward thinking technologies to meet business needs and create new business opportunities.
- Conceptualise, create, edit, curate, disseminate and repurpose multimedia content for different channels in order to draw customers to the gallery or to the online store to purchase works of art (photographs, videos, catalogues, augmented reality, virtual reality, etc.).
- Manage and monitor social media channels, respond to comments and enquiries, and measure statistics to understand efficacy in selling works of art.
- Capture multimedia content at exhibitions and events for PR and Marketing purposes.
- Create editorial for PR and Marketing campaigns.
- Maintain the brand consistency and quality across all communications channels.
Maintain online presence:
- Create, maintain and update content.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in interaction design, graphic design, film studies, cinematography or related field.
- Proven track record.
- Experience in graphic design, motion graphics, animation, video editing.
- Proficient in image capture, editing, design and layout.
- Advanced skills in requisite software.
- Excellent linguistic skills, copy accuracy, and proofreading.
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, self-starter that has the ability to manage time across multiple projects and competing priorities, and meet agreed upon deadlines in order to accomplish critical goals.
- An interest in and knowledge of contemporary art an advantage.
- Augmented reality and/or virtual reality an advantage.