Applications should include the following documents:
- Application form (please click above “ONLINE APPLICATION”), photographs, copies or concepts of applicant’s own work (portfolio) as a PDF document and the reservation of accommodation (if required).
- For the courses concerning curatorial practice and theory and writing, a full CV and a letter of intent are required. Also, you should explain why you are applying and why you think you are qualified for participation (please write in one of the languages of the teacher of the class you have chosen).
- To avoid any confusion, you are requested to label your documents with your proper names. The Summer Academy team is ready to answer any questions you may have.
- We also accept applications via regular mail (format A4, no originals).
- The teacher of the course applied for will select successful applicants on the basis of the work submitted.
Period of Application
All applications received by 30 April 2020 will be treated equally, and a reply confirming acceptance or non-acceptance will be sent by the end of May 2020. Later applications will be accepted and processed in the order of receipt, according to vacancies in the courses. Successful applicants will receive written confirmation and detailed information from the Summer Academy.
The fees consist of the enrolment charge of € 200.– (non-refundable) and a course fee which varies according to the length of the course (€ 260.– per week/reduced fee € 180.–). Students are entitled to the reduced fee on production of a valid confirmation of enrolment at an educational institution for the 2020 summer term as well as SN-Card-holders.
Costs for material used in the courses are not included in the participation fee, and will be charged separately at the beginning of the course.
It is generally not possible to attend a course for only one week. Students attending two consecutive courses pay the enrolment fee only once; the course fee is calculated according to the total number of weeks.
- 4-week course: € 1.240.– (normal fee), € 920.– (reduced fee)
- 3-week course: € 980.– (normal fee), € 740.– (reduced fee)
- 2-week course: € 720.– (normal fee), € 560.– (reduced fee)
- 10-day course: € 616.– (normal fee), € 488.– (reduced fee)
- 1-week course: € 460.– (normal fee), € 380.– (reduced fee)
On acceptance, the enrolment charge of € 200.– should be paid immediately. The course fee must be entered in the Summer Academy account by 30 June 2020:
Internationale Sommerakademie für Bildende Kunst Salzburg
Salzburger Landes-Hypothekenbank AG,
Residenzplatz 7, 5020 Salzburg, Austria
IBAN: AT09 5500 0000 0251 6046
BIC / SWIFT: SLHYAT2S
Payments will be accepted using the following credit cards: Mastercard and Visa
Cancellation: Should the Summer Academy have to cancel a course, all payments made will be refunded.
Enrolment for non-Schengen citizens requiring a visa for Austria
To obtain a visa, an “electronic letter of intent” (EVE document) is necessary. After receiving notification of acceptance from the teacher, the Summer Academy has to apply to the Immigration Authority in Salzburg for an electronic code number, which will be forwarded to the student. With this identification number and other relevant documents, the student can apply to the appropriate Austrian Embassy for a visa.
For the EVE document, we require the following details from the student:
copy of your passport, address, name and address of the appropriate Austrian Embassy (passport and visa department).