SMAC is looking for a highly motivated and experienced individual to join their team on a full-time basis, for a period of 8 months.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities:
- Well-informed understanding of contemporary artistic practice
- An aptitude for research and writing
- A professional manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Curatorial research and content generation for new projects, publications and applications
- Contributing to the galleries’ exhibition and fair programme
- Artist liaison – managing the gallery’s relationships with represented artists
- Institutional liaison – managing and promoting relationships with museums, foundations and
- Facilitating outside projects and exhibitions
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm & Saturday’s and Public holidays 10:00am to 3:00pm. Additional hours during exhibition prep, openings and fairs will be required.
Salary: Dependent on experience
The applicants must be available to begin as soon as possible.