SMAC Gallery is looking for an experienced Gallery Manager to join our team in Johannesburg on a full-time basis. The position focuses on sales, client relations and project management and requires the capacity to work well in a team as well as individually.
The successful candidate should have the following qualities:
- Well-informed understanding of contemporary artistic practice
- Experience in sales and marketing
- Excellent management skills
- A professional manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Client liaison – building and maintaining relationships with private and corporate clients
- Artist liaison – managing the gallery’s relationships with represented artists
- Project management – gallery exhibitions, external projects, and artwork production
- Managing the smooth day to day running of the gallery
- Maintaining and building gallery databases and archives
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm & Saturday’s and Public holidays 10:00am to 3:00pm. Additional hours during exhibition prep, openings and fairs will be required.
Salary: Dependent on experience
The applicants must be available to begin by mid-August.