StateoftheART Gallery is looking for a dynamic, presentable and motivated individual to join our team as a Gallery Assistant in Cape Town.
This is a paid part-time (3-day week) work experience opportunity for a duration of 3 months.
Working Hours: Monday and Tuesday, 10.00 – 17.00, Saturday, 10.00 – 13.00 plus 1 additional morning per week 10.00 – 13.00
Salary: Dependent on experience
Required Experience & Skills:
- Skilled and proficient in English Language and Grammar with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Useful Programme Proficiency: MS Office; Adobe Photoshop / Bridge.
- The desire to work in a gallery environment and learn about e-commerce and selling art online.
- Neat and presentable appearance.
- Relevant post-graduate qualification
A background in art and knowledge of the art industry is preferable but not essential, however, a passion for art and the desire to learn about the online art gallery model is crucial. All applicants should explore the StateoftheART website to acquaint themselves with what we do (www.stateoftheart-gallery.com )
- Assisting with the smooth running and day to day management of the gallery.
- Client interface – welcoming visitors, answering the phone and fielding routine enquiries.
- General operational and administrative support, including artwork photography and photo editing.
- Logistics and packaging of artworks for shipping.
- Assisting with exhibition installation.
- Assisting at gallery events, after hours.
- Administrative support for the StateoftheART Gallery Award.
Please note this job profile and the responsibilities listed above are not conclusive, and that roles and responsibilities may change over time dependent on the needs of the company. The successful applicant will join a dedicated team of high-functioning individuals in a position allowing for on-the-job training with the possibility of a contract extension. The successful applicant must be available to begin immediately.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.