Street artists and muralists with a burning idea relating to the resistance of state capture and the deepening of democracy in South Africa are invited to submit proposals for artworks.
We are looking for artists to collaborate with in creating…
Provocative public art that inspires unified public resistance to state capture through street art which is clear and conceptually accessible to the general public.
Typically we imagine these targeting prominent public spaces, sites of memory, political significance, etc.
This could include, but is not limited to, graphic or text based art that:
- Inspires people about what is possible through collective action
- Reminds people what there is a need to fight against
- Celebrates and honors those who are already making a difference
- Draws attention to particular events, ideas or questions relating to political accountability and deepening democracy
- Brings segregated groups together to take action
Current grant on offer:
- One main grant of R20,000
- Expert publicity support to promote the artworks of successful applicants at a national level