We seek to contract a Programme Coordinator:
The Butterfly Art Project (BAP) is a non-profit organisation established in 2010 in Vrygrond, Cape Town. BAP offers art facilitation training, mentoring and networking with many partners bringing creativity and healing to children and adults from vulnerable communities.
BAP seeks to contract a Programme Coordinator to support training and mentoring management.
The incumbent will be part of the support team and would report to the Programme Manager.
The successful candidate will start work not later than January 2020. Suitably qualified individuals with South African nationality or permit to work in South Africa are invited to apply. We prefer to hire a black South African female.
The responsibilities of the Programme Coordinator include but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinating for the smooth running of our CAF training centre
- Office coordination
- Overseeing stock management
- Overseeing the cleaning of BAP’s training facility
- Coordinating the recruitment of adult participants
- Data Management for Programme Monitoring & Evaluation
- Overseeing international volunteers and organisational assistant
- Cooperating with BAP’s Operations & Finance Coordinator on finance and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Communication and coordination between BAP’s Programmes and Teams
- Minute taking
- A completed appropriate field of study with a minimum of 5 years working at an equiv-alent level, preferably in a development-related field. Experience in programme process management ranging from social media communication, implementation to reporting would be an advantage.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
- Excellent intercultural skills and good ability in one other South African language in ad-dition to English (must have excellent communication, presentation, and writing skills in English)
- Proficient knowledge and demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office software including Microsoft Excel, internet-based applications and required social media sites
- Excellent data capturing skills and basic understanding of monitoring and evaluation processes
- Excellent telephonic skills for client care and partner communication
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently using one’s own initiative
- Local travel as and when required by the organisation, valid driver’s license essential
BAP offers remuneration commensurate with experience and will be discussed with the successful candidate.