The Lumen Prize’s 9th Call for Entries – with a prize fund of US$11,500 – is now open. There are 9 awards to be won, including two new awards this year. Please scroll down for details of these prizes as well as this year’s eminent Jury Panel.
Lumen is more than a prize. All artists selected for the longlist, shortlist as well as the award winners are eligible for opportunities with Lumen Art Projects, our parent company, including commissions, exhibitions and events globally.
The judging of the Lumen Prize is done in two stages. The longlist is determined by our International Selectors Committee of curators, art specialists and academics. This longlist is then reviewed by an eminent Jury Panel, who select the finalists and winners.
2020 Jury Panel
- Christiane Paul, Adjunct Curator, Whitney Museum, New York City
- Ben Vickers, CTO, the Serpentine Galleries, London
- Foteini Aravani, Digital Curator, Museum of London
- Melanie Lenz, Digital Curator, Victoria and Albert Museum, London
- Nathan Ladd, Assistant Curator, Tate Britain
The Lumen Prize has a total prize fund of $11,500 presented across nine award categories.
- Gold Award – $4000
- Moving Image Award – $1000
- Still Image Award – $1000
- 3D/Interactive Award – $1000
- XR Award – $1000
- The BCS AI Award – $1000
- The Global South Award – $1000
- The Nordic Award – $1000
- The Photomonitor Student Award – $500
There will also be the opportunity to be curated into our Directors Showcase at The Cello Factory, London from 28-31st October 2020.
THE AWARDS PROGRAMME
All longlisted and shortlisted artists are eligible to take part in a range of opportunities as part of our awards programme.
This programme includes an Awards Ceremony at the Barbican Centre for Performing Arts, London on 22 October 2020 followed by a networking event with Jack Addis, Director of Lumen Prize. The following day is an Artists’ Meet-up with Carla Rapoport, Lumen’s Founder and Executive Director and Artists Talks at IBM Southbank, London. There will also be the opportunity to be curated into our Directors Showcase in London in October.