Submit your creative videos by 3 September 2021 for an opportunity to win £500.
The #NewNarrativesChallenge is aimed at 18 to 35-year-olds, who are willing to share diverse stories of their countries (Countries of Africa and the UK).
We are looking for creative submissions that tell ‘the other stories’ of countries of Africa and the UK. We would like to see authentic stories that are not often portrayed in the media.
Who can enter
- You must be 18 to 35 years when you apply and be a resident of one of these countries:
- Ethiopia, Algeria, Botswana, Kenya, Egypt, Malawi, Rwanda, Libya, Mauritius, England, Scotland, Wales, South Sudan, Morocco, Mozambique, Sudan, Tunisia, Namibia, Northern Ireland, Tanzania, South Africa, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone.
- Video submission can be in any language, but the language needs to be specified in the caption.
- The selection panel will review the video submissions and notify the top ten participants.
- Once the selection process is complete, the selection panel will announce and contact the top ten submissions.
- The top ten winners will be invited to complete a form and accept the terms and conditions, and privacy notice. We will also require you to submit photographs for publicity materials.
- If selected as a winner, you will receive a prize award of £500. Winners will be paid the equivalent of the prize award in their local currency.