Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) is a public not-for-profit contemporary art museum which collects, preserves, researches, and exhibits twenty-first century art from Africa and its Diaspora; hosts international exhibitions; develops supporting educational and enrichment programmes; encourages intercultural understanding; and guarantees access for all. Over one hundred galleries, spread over nine floors, are dedicated to a large cutting edge permanent collection; temporary exhibitions; and Centres for Art Education, Curatorial Excellence, Performative Practice, Photography, the Moving Image, and the Costume Institute.
The role requires the individual to interact with guests at the ticket desk daily, including the audio guide desk, processing transactions on Webtickets point of sale speedily and efficiently whilst creating a positive, welcoming impression. In addition, the individual is required to roam the gallery floors in a Guest Relation capacity assisting Guests where needed. Good people skills and the ability to communicate with multicultural groups of customers coupled with high level of accuracy, integrity and ethical standards are essential.
- Demonstrates good customer service
- Process till transactions efficiently and effectively in line with till policies and procedures.
- Maintain a hygienic, safe and well-organized front desk.
- Reports acts of dishonesty or fraud to your line manager.
- Demonstrate self-discipline with regards to attendance, dress code, hygiene and time-keeping.
- Preferably Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level with Maths and English essential
- Computer Literate
- Relevant working experience
- Available and flexible to work different shifts (including weekends & public holidays)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Customer Service Orientation:
- Strong Customer service skills, must be customer focused and enjoy establishing good customer relations
- Assists in resolving problems before escalating to the next level
Trustworthy, with strong analytical skills:
- Proactively identifies ethical implications of one’s behavior
- Makes decisions and acts consistent with the organisations ethics and values
- Reliable and dependable
Attention to Detail:
- Demonstrate a high level of vigilance
- Pays attention to quality of work
- Ensures work gets done right the first time
Ability to handle and control difficult situations
- Remains calm under pressure
- Manages own emotions and responses
- Able to act quickly and calmly in an emergency
Team player, willing to stand in when required.
As a cutting edge equal opportunity institution, Zeitz MOCAA celebrates diversity in all its forms including gender, race, creed, and orientation. Zeitz MOCAA is committed to Employment Equity and particularly welcomes applications suitably qualified Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDIs) for this position.