The Umuzi Academy offers a free one-year learnership that produces high-calibre, entry-level designers, copywriters, digital, and multimedia professionals.
The Umuzi Academy offers a free one-year learnership that produces high-calibre, entry-level designers, copywriters, digital, and multimedia professionals. Recruits are paid a monthly stipend of R1,500 – R2,000. The learnership includes a National Certificate in Advertising (NQF level 5) and work experience at a top creative agency. Over 80% of our graduates get jobs at top agencies.
- The learnership runs over 12 months, including 9 months of on-the-job training at Umuzi, and 3 months working at a partner agency, media or production house
- Recruits complete a National Certificate in Advertising giving them exposure to the whole agency process from client service, through strategy, creative, traffic, to production
Why join Umuzi?
- The learnership is free, and includes a monthly stipend of R1,500 – R2,000
- 80% of our recruits successfully secure a job at a leading creative employer before they graduate.
- Umuzi is an MICT SETA accredited training provider, and our learnership includes a National Certificate in Advertising (NQF level-5 qualification)
- The learnership is tailormade to the creative industry’s needs, thanks to our partnership with the Creative Circle, the industry body representing creative agencies
The learnership includes work experience at a leading creative agency, media, or production house
We find the best talent for our learnership. Our intense recruitment process includes online cv and portfolio reviews, creative tests, and interviews. Successful applicants are invited to a one-week bootcamp for on-the-job assessment. Less than 10% of applicants are selected.
Our application requirements are:
- South African citizens
- Matric certificate or equivalent qualification
- No criminal record
- Portfolio of work demonstrating your creative skills
- Passion to become a creative professional