Redhill High School is looking to employ a young qualified Visual Arts teacher who will assist in the Visual Arts Department as a Co-Teacher.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package, supported by a vibrant teaching and learning environment.
Requirements and responsibilities:
- A Post Graduate Certificate in education (or similar) and a Bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts/Fine Arts are the minimum qualifications required.
- Prior teaching experience will be an advantage.
- A passion for the subject, knowledge of contemporary art practices and Art History are required.
- Passionate about the Arts and its role in our society.
- Value collaborations and feel comfortable with change.
- Take care of materials and equipment, monitor inventory, source arts supplies.
- Help to set up exhibitions.
- Engage with students during critique sessions and guide them with practical suggestions, techniques, etc.
- Assist with supervising studio time.
- Share skills related to art-making practice.
- The ability to use technology and Adobe applications is an advantage.
- Assist with managing the Art club.