There are two internships available until 31 March 2021 at the Vrystaat Arts Festival from the Visual Arts Network of South Africa (VANSA) through the Presidential Stimulus Programme supported by ArtBank and the Department of Sports, Arts and Culture for the 2020/21 edition of the VANSA Internship Programme.
The two positions include:
1. Online Arts Market Assistant
- Assist in sourcing dealers at markets to get involved with the Wolkewinkel Shop.
- Assist in drafting a “Best List” on a monthly basis setting out the 10 dealers with the top sales for the month.
- Assist in promoting and encouraging paid promotions for dealers and others to purchase more advertising space on the Facebook page.
- Assist in communication between the dealers and the digital ream with regards to the Wolkewinkel Shop including but not limited to complaints, new products and promotions.
- Communication with Arts Market manager with regards to the approval of new products and dealers for the Kunstemark and Wolkewinkel.
2. Design Administrator
- Provide administration support to the Design and Development team.
- Support in arranging both internal and external events.
- Diary management and arranging appointments.
- Dealing with email enquiries.
- Answering incoming calls; taking messages and re-directing calls as required.
- Developing and implementing new administrative systems.
- Microsoft Office and should demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Basic knowledge of the Adobe Suite, especially Illustrator would be a bonus