Applications are now open for Postgraduate Diploma in the Arts (PGDA) July 2019 intake. Entry Requirements for Postgraduate Diploma are as follows:
- Either traditional educational qualification or must demonstrate the maturity of age and extensive work experience of a high standard in the field of Applied Drama and Theatre.
- Successful completion of at least 1 Drama for Life – Wits accredited short course.
- Outstanding Performers, Theatre-makers, Performing Arts Managers.
- Work experience in Capacity Development, HIV/AIDS, CIVIC Society, Health Education, Arts therapies, University and Arts & Culture.
- Experience in at least one of the following fields is recommended: HIV/AIDS Education, activism and therapy, Human Rights and Social Justice, Peace Building, Transformation and Diversity management, and Environmental Sustainability would be an asset.
Drama for Life, University of Witwatersrand, is an art department for social transformation and healing. Our postgraduate academic, research and community engagement department brings together the disciplines of Applied Drama and Theatre, Performance Ethnography, Performance as Research, Arts Education, Drama Therapy, Dance Therapy and Expressive Arts Therapies within the context of critical reflexive praxis.
We invite all interested outstanding performers, theatre-makers, performing arts managers, arts educators, community-based theatre practitioners and drama and dance facilitators working in capacity development, civil society, sexual reproductive health education, mental health education, arts therapies, arts activism, arts for development, arts education to apply for admission and become part of Africa’s future generation of leaders through the Drama for Life Postgraduate Programme.
For enquiries, email or call:
Omphemetse Mokgosi: email@example.com or +27 (0)11 717 4755