Worldart seeks a full-time gallery assistant for its premises in the Cape Town. To begin 1 August 2018
Normal working hours: Monday -Friday 9:30am – 5pm and Saturdays 9:30am – 1pm
Salary: dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will be required to assist the owner in the day-to-day management and running of the gallery. This will include dealing with enquiries from the public and general administration. Other tasks will include being actively involved in the sales process, running our social media platforms, managing shipping processes, updating the website, liaising with artists, writing press releases, engaging with the media for exhibitions and other tasks as they arise.
Requirements for the position
- good people skills
- punctual and hardworking
- interested in the visual arts
- live in reasonable proximity to the gallery
- good administrative skills
- good command of the English language (written and verbal)
- willingness to learn and grow