KZNSA invites aspiring writers to apply for a critical writing workshop with Nkule Mabaso, curator of the Michaelis Galleries at UCT and a writing contributor to numerous creative publications and platforms.
Participants will need to apply to take part by submitting a writing sample:
Either one-page letter of motivation and/or a writing sample (1000 words max.)
A max number of 12 applications to be accepted
Synopsis: Participants will read texts, do fieldwork, research, and writing with constraint exercises as we look at ways to produce critical writing and develop a creative criticism.
Aims: Through the workshop participants will learn how to:
- Summarize, analyse, question, and evaluate written texts and visual exhibitions
- Argue and support a position
- Recognize audience and disciplinary expectations
- Identify and use the stages of the writing process
- Identify characteristics of effective writing
- Apply proper citation practices
- Apply your writing knowledge to other writing occasions
Friday 18 Jan 14h00 to 16h00
Monday 21 Jan 14h00 to 16h00
Tuesday 22 Jan 14h00 to 16h00
Workshop to be facilitated by:
Nkule Mabaso, Curator of the Michaelis Galleries at UCT and writing contributor to various platforms and publication.